Friday, June 3, 2011

Grumbling

So I get hungry every now and then...Okay fine I get hungry most of the time! Is it really a big deal? 

Well apparently and sadly, the answer to that question is YES. For one, I gained a whole lot of pounds indulging in every glucose-rich food that I crave for. And recently, I just found out that my blood sugar level is almost reaching the borderline. This led me to lessen and as much as possible avoid all the sugar-y foods that I eat.

Today, I just keep on thinking of THE truffle cake (by Mary Grace). I am craving for it badly and I realized that I have been successful with this sweets-avoidance for a week or longer now. Yes, I know it's a short span of time but for me and maybe for other sweets afficionados this is really a very long time. Hence this entry, to pay tribute to my "sweets-suppression".

So what has kept my belly bursting for the past 4 years?

1. The very evil-y delicious DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE (by The Chocolate Kiss Cafe)

2. Long hours of studying and avoiding the dusty library led me to my haven near UPM.
Double shot Dark Mocha Frappe Light Blended
 

3. The "birthday cake" of our family - Estrel's Caramel Cake
Caramel-coated cakes! These are not-too-sweet but definitely yum-OH! You can also have them custom-made for a very reasonable price. 

4. The brownie that beats all other brownies! THE KFC Brownie!
The cheapest most chewy among all my sweet friends


5. UPM's friendly neighbor! - Cello's Doughnuts (Taft near DLSU)

6. Let's not forget my ULTIMATELly favorite donuts!!

7. The newest addition to my diabetes-inducing foes! Chocolate Truffle Cake by Mary Grace
Definitely sweet! Creamy, chocolate-y, malt-y (tastes quite like Maltesers) and definitely SULIT! 







No comments:

Post a Comment